Friday, September 7, 2012

Welcome to my new blog!

Many have been nudging me (my subconscious, included) for a while.  The spirit of those collective conversations went a little like this:

Me:      But what would I write about?
Them:  Anything! How can you be a writer if you don't actually write?
Me:      ::Virtual brick of truth hits me squarely in the forehead, knocks me on my booty::
Them:  So....?  ::feet tapping, impatiently::
Me:      But will it be interesting enough?
Them:  Are YOU interested in it enough to talk about it? To think about it?  To find out what others think about it?
Me:      ::I am silent, I am pondering this::
Them:  What if they are thinking what you are thinking?  What if NO one says it.   Shouldn't someone say it? And if they're not thinking it, should they be?  Wouldn't that be interesting - just to see what they think?  What anyone thinks?   Maybe we can all learn something?
Me:  Wow.   Ok, then....let's do this!

I've never done this before so here we go.    I've always been a big fan of leaping into the unknown, virtually blindfolded, a little nervous queasy feeling my stomach, shaking my head knowing I have no idea what I'm getting into and relishing in the possibilities that I may encounter on the path.   The "more guts than brains" syndrome I seem to have a chronic case of.  The idea of getting real, unplugged, and unvarnished to get to the root of who we are has always interested me.  After thinking about it some more and some additional nudging from friends who had already gone before me down this path, I finally decided to take the leap.

Come along on my adventure.  Let's think, and muse and ponder and debate together.   Let's share, laugh, comfort, console, rant, rage, wonder and delight.   But mostly, I invite you to join me as a travel mate on this journey.  Regardless of where it takes us, may we always step forward with integrity and honesty and follow those things that bring us joy, beauty, laughter and love.  And do it with the honor and respect of each other and every living thing.

Many Blessing and Bon Voyage!



No comments:

Post a Comment